Thrifters get ready to start your thrift engines as we prepare to launch the 2006 - $99 Thrift Challenge.
I created a $99 Thrift Challenge Flickr Group. You may start entering your photos tomorrow on September 1st. I added Moki's button to Flickr if anyone still needed to upload the button onto your blog. Here is a recap of the Thrift Challenge Guidelines. You can still join the challenge if you either email me at selena at apronstiedround dot com or you can leave a comment for me here by midnight tonight. I'm excited to see what you thrifters will find.
1) Take photos and keep track of your thrifted items for the month of September. You can upload them to the Flickr group throughout the month of September. You are also welcome to load them to your blog as well.
2) You can spend up to $99.00 for this challenge. You can also spend much
less and still enter the challenge.
3) Add your name to the comments if you would like to take part in this.
4) This isn't a swap but Angie certainly gave me a great idea (unless she wants to do it of course) for my next project. Of course if anyone does want to do a swap with this one, let me know and I'll collect names.
5) Have fun with this. Shop as you normally shop and enjoy your thrifting.
6) If you have a chance, place Moki's button on your blog and spread the word about the challenge. Email me if you need help with the button.
7) The contest categories:
-Best Value for Everything
-Ugliest Ever Purchase
-Biggest Value for an Individual Item
-Most Creative Item
-Worst Value for an Individual Item
8) From October 1-7 bloggers will be voting on these categories. I will collect all the votes and announce the winners on October 8th.
9) I will send 5 prizes out to the winners. Prizes will include thrifted items and hand carved stamps that read "Thrift Queen".
10) Make sure to join the challenge by August 31st.