All thrifted items.
Here's some more information about the Thrift Challenge. I would like those that are taking part to keep track of your thrift spending starting September 1st and going through to the 30th. For the challenge you don't have to enter every single purchased item. Basically this is a Show & Tell to show the world the amazing power of the Thrift Dollar (or other world currency). If you can spend up to $99.00 that is great, but if you can only afford $5.00 a week then please still join the challenge. I'm sure I have mentioned this before but I buy at least 90% of our household goods 2nd hand. Everything from clothing, to shoes, to dishes, to furniture and even 2 Brita water filters (new in package) for 50 cents on Saturday. It is amazing how many things people either give away to thrift stores or sell via a yard sale or through Craig's List.
Here are the Guidelines:
1) Take photos and keep track of your thrifted items for the month of September. Add them to your blog at the end of the month and send them to our soon to be created Flickr group.
2) You can spend up to $99.00 for this challenge. You can spend much less. I mean you could buy an original Da Vinci painting for $1.00 out of an attic of your neighbor and probably win a lot more than this little challenge.
3) Add your name to the comments if you would like to take part in this.
4) This isn't a swap but Angie certainly gave me a great idea (unless she wants to do it of course) for my next project. Of course if anyone does want to do a swap with this one, let me know and I'll collect names. I will probably be doing some swapping with you Angie so don't worry. Some of Friday's items are going across the border to you.
5) Have fun with this. Shop as you normally shop. Mind you, I'm a little burned out from thrifting. Is that possible? Has Apron Thrift Girl hung up her apron strings? Well we'll judge it by next Saturday for the yard sales and see if I get itchy.
6) If you have a chance, please place Moki's button on your blog and spread the word about the challenge. Email me if you need help with the button.
7) The contest categories:
-Best Value for Everything
-Ugliest Ever Purchase
-Biggest Value for an Individual Item
-Most Creative Item
-Worst Value for an Individual Item
8) From October 1-7 bloggers will be voting on these categories. I will collect all the votes and announce the winners on October 8th (one of my favorite dates of the year).
9) I will send 5 prizes out to the winners. Prizes will include thrifted items and hand carved stamps that read "Thrift Queen".
10) Make sure to join the challenge by August 31st.
I hope this reads clearer than my cluttered mess of yesterday. Thanks for joining me in this. Don't forget to have fun with this. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.