Keiran and I found this sweet, little feathered Halloween Tree at TJ Maxx last week.
We went to the most horrible store a couple weeks ago that consisted of the most frightening, nightmare inducing decor ever. Heads hanging by hooks in tongues and little zombie babies. We left as quickly as possible and I spent an hour trying to get the images out of my head. Keiran of course was entranced and didn't understand why his mother kept putting her hand over his eyes. I'll never return there again, ever. Finding this tree reminded me that there are decorations out there to celebrate the coming of Autumn and not just to highlight the insanely scary and gruesome.
The tree was $7.99 and it was the only one we saw in the store. I had to have it.
I'm planning to make felt ornaments over the next couple of weeks leading up to Halloween. I want to make some ravens, a crescent moon, a cat and some more owls to decorate the tree. Maybe I'll sneak in a Jack Skellington face.
Did you make something this week to share?
Make Share is very similar to Thrift Share where I begin a post with sharing something that I made and you all get to finish the post by linking up and sharing what you have made. There's a few guidelines -
- at least one item used in your project should to be 2nd hand.
- Link your Make Share post back to ATG.
- Post a Make Share item that you made on your blog or website.
- Link to your individual post on the item that you made using inlinkz below.
- If you participate with Make Share regularly, I'd love it if you'd add this button to your side bar