Saturday I went by the post office to check my mail and I found this amazing collection of letters waiting for me from my friend Shara. When I was at her home a year or so ago I spotted these in her incredible collection of vintage craft supplies and nearly went faint. Shara moved in November and now is living in Arizona but remembered how much I adored this vintage set of letter. This is probably one of the most fabulous gifts that I have ever received. Thank you so much Shara!
My letter & number collection is somewhat small. I really only started collecting them when I moved to California. I didn't go to many estate sales in Washington and I never came across vintage letter collections.
Of course I was very inspired when I saw Cathe Holden's post about her collection of letters and numbers in December. Her collection is swoon worthy.
These were designed by Amy Butler and the only new purchase in my collection.
Writing, letters, numbers and collecting are simply a reflection of who I am. That is what collecting is about. It's a little window into our passions and our soul.
Do you Collect anything that you have blogged about recently?
We Thrift - We Craft - We Share
Here are some guidelines if you would like to join Collect Share:
- Your Collect Share post should include at least one item that is 2nd hand.
- Create a blog post with photos about your recent addition to your collection. Or write a post that features your entire collection.
- If possible, give us some background about what you collect such as where items are made or who designed them. We'd love to read about why you collect and when you first started collecting.
- Link your Collect Share post back to Apron Thrift Girl.
- Link to your Collect Share post on Apron Thrift Girl using inlinkz. There will be inlinkz on every Collect Share post so that you can add your photo and link back to your blog.
- If you participate with Collect Share regularly, please add this button to your side bar so that we can build our Sharing Community.