Do you remember a few weeks ago when I bought a large bag of vintage fabric. I knew that I wanted to sew with it but when I found a stack of mini frames at a garage sale for $1, I had other ideas.
Being rather nostalgic I wanted to display some of the vintage fabric in my living room. For some reason I can't help but think of my young Keiran when I see those boyish vintage stripes. I realize he wasn't born in the 60's and 70's but he is turning 9 soon, so I wanted to display something that made me remember his 8th year. We have had such a stellar year together thrifting, cuddling, learning and laughing.
It was a super easy craft to do. I tend to find frames at garage sales and thrift stores every single weekend. These wooden frames were ideal because they are so small (4"x6") but this craft would work with larger frames too.
Time: 15 minutes
The woman selling these at the yard sale had so many bundles of these. I bought 40 in all but now I wished that I had bought more. Do you think these would sell at a flea market for a couple dollars if the fabric was fabulous and vintage? (and probably stapled a little neater :-)
Have you been crafting?
Make Share celebrates the Art of Crafting. As a community of readers and bloggers we are able to connect through the process of buying second hand and repurposing worn items into something fabulous. We give items a second life by upcycling.
We Thrift - We Craft - We Share
Here are some guidelines if you would like to join Make Share:
- Your Make Share project should include at least one item that is 2nd hand. A part of the Make Share intention is recycling.
- Take your Make Share item and create a blog post with photos.
- Link your Make Share post back to Apron Thrift Girl.
- Link to your Make Share post on Apron Thrift Girl using inlinkz. There will be inlinkz on every Make Share post so that you can add your photo and link back to your blog.
- If you participate with Make Share regularly, please add this button to your side bar so that we can build our Make Share Community.
Make Share Button