Despite all of the vintage items that I ran across this weekend, I was true to my word. I left most of it behind. I was tempted and teased but I listened to myself (for once) and bought just a few items. I purchased these glasses because my grandmother used to have them. I've never come across them for sale before so I was delighted to find a set of 5 glasses. I used to always run to her refrigerator in search of orange juice. It's funny how something as simple as a glass can bring back comforting memories.
This lamp shade was also found at the estate sale. It actually came with a broken lamp that featured a small trophy for bowling. It was only $4 which is a steal for this type of shade. It needs a little bit of work but for now is perfect for my pottery lamp.
Best find of the week: GT Boys bike for $20 (for Keiran next year)
Did you go thrifting this weekend?
Thrift Share Monday celebrates the Art of Thrifting. As a community of readers and bloggers we are able to connect through the process of buying second hand, selling and sharing.
We Thrift - We Share
Here are some guidelines if you would like to join Thrift Share:
- Your Thrift Share Monday blog post should include your thrifted finds from the weekend.
- Create a blog post with photos of your items.
- Link your Thrift Share Monday post back to Apron Thrift Girl.
- Link to your Thrift Share Monday post on Apron Thrift Girl using inlinkz below.
- If you participate with Thrift Share Monday regularly, please add this button to your side bar so that we can build our Thrift Share Community.
Don't forget to visit Her Library Adventures for Flea Market Finds.