Dave's new job comes with some lovely benefits and discounts. One thing they offer to the families of employees are deeply discounted days out at certain attractions during the year. They even often include a picnic lunch. When one of these offers came up for Gilroy Gardens we took a look at the website and decided that it was perfect.
We aren't really into large amusement parks and have spent many summers at Train Town in Sonoma County. Cerys though has decided she is too old for Train Town so we headed to Gilroy Gardens.
It was a stunning park packed with unique horticulture, sweet rides, a wonderful family environment and even a slight reminder of what amusement parks were like 40 years ago. I was three when we first went to Disneyland. There were aspects of Gilroy Garden that reminded me of what Disneyland used to be. The Monorail was even turquoise in color and funky enough that I felt like I was in the 1970's.
It was a wonderful weekend. I only did a bit of thrifting though on Friday. How did you do?
Did you go thrifting this weekend?
Thrift Share Monday celebrates the Art of Thrifting. As a community of readers and bloggers we are able to connect through the process of buying second hand, selling and sharing.
We Thrift - We Share
Here are some guidelines if you would like to join Thrift Share:
- Your Thrift Share Monday blog post should include your thrifted finds from the weekend.
- Create a blog post with photos of your items.
- Link your Thrift Share Monday post back to Apron Thrift Girl.
- Link to your Thrift Share Monday post on Apron Thrift Girl using inlinkz below.
- If you participate with Thrift Share Monday regularly, please add this button to your side bar so that we can build our Thrift Share Community.
Don't forget to visit Her Library Adventures for Flea Market Finds.