The Thrift Season seems to have officially arrived in Sonoma County. Our paper's ad section & Craigslist was full of estate sales, yard sales, garage sales and rummage sales. Did you get out this weekend?
Saturday morning Keiran and I were out the door early in search of a rummage sale. We arrived at the sale about 10 minutes later and discovered that it was much smaller than we had expected. We bought a few things and then headed back to my neighborhood where we should have stayed in to begin with.
It was two blocks from my house that I found this Plaster wall art.
So far I can't find anything about this Centaur Sagittarius (thanks Alice). I bought it at a home that was a time capsule from the 1960's. The art, furniture, decor and very large hi-fi came straight from the 60's decade. The eye of the centaur is very much in the modern style of that time. This piece isn't signed and so far I haven't been able to find out much information on it. Have you seen something like this before?
Did you go thrifting this weekend?
Thrift Share Monday celebrates the Art of Thrifting. As a community of readers and bloggers we are able to connect through the process of buying second hand, selling and sharing.
We Thrift - We Share
Here are some guidelines if you would like to join Thrift Share:
- Your Thrift Share Monday blog post should include your thrifted finds from the weekend.
- Create a blog post with photos of your items.
- Link your Thrift Share Monday post back to Apron Thrift Girl.
- Link to your Thrift Share Monday post on Apron Thrift Girl using inlinkz below.
- If you participate with Thrift Share Monday regularly, please add a button to your side bar so that we can build our Thrift Share Community.
Don't forget to visit Her Library Adventures for Flea Market Finds.