It was an incredibly crazy-thrift-filled weekend. It began on Friday with a farm estate sale over in Napa, another barn estate sale in Santa Rosa on Saturday and then Alameda Antiques by the Bay flea market on Sunday. There are weekends where I purely love my thrift filled life!
These two photos features a fab vintage scale that I bought on Saturday.
The pillars of the scale are cast iron. It weighs a ton and is very large but I had to buy it. I'm not quite sure what to do with it yet but I'm excited about the purchase. It also came with a solid wood and iron platform that I'm going to make into a coffee table.
These baskets fit into this very cool vintage store display that came out of an old store in the Rincon Valley in Santa Rosa. I arrived at the sale early in order to be able to get this. I ran straight for it and slapped my Sold sticker on it. I'm going to place it in my space at the Antique Society and use it to sell small items but also offer it for sale. (I think......I'm considering keeping it too)
Alameda was a wonderful day out. I sold so many of the big items that I took there. It's very satisfying to drive home with a much emptier van. Plus I was able to shop while Dave looked after the sales. I bought 2 Mod hanging lamps, a teak bar cart and 3 table lamps. I'm so enjoying this new venue for ReSelling.
Did you go thrifting this weekend?
Thrift Share Monday celebrates the Art of Thrifting. As a community of readers and bloggers we are able to connect through the process of buying second hand, selling and sharing.
We Thrift - We Share
Here are some guidelines if you would like to join Thrift Share:
- Your Thrift Share Monday blog post should include your thrifted finds from the weekend.
- Create a blog post with photos of your items.
- Link your Thrift Share Monday post back to Apron Thrift Girl.
- Link to your Thrift Share Monday post on Apron Thrift Girl using inlinkz below.
- If you participate with Thrift Share Monday regularly, please add a button to your side bar so that we can build our Thrift Share Community