A couple months ago a friend sold me a small moon globe. I couldn't sell it because it was too perfect and quickly became a part of my decor. Then this weekend I found another although without the base. It fit perfectly into a mid century modern candle holder and the other moon is now down at the Antique Society. Lately I've been letting go of so many things to sell that it was almost a relief to find a 2nd one so that I could make a legitimate excuse in keeping it. Do you all experience that at times?
My find of the weekend was a Grete Jalk coffee table. It isn't perfect with some faint moisture damage but it was an exciting find to come across.
It was an overall good weekend. I did make a bad thrift choice on Friday and went to a barn sale that looked incredible. The prices were way too high though with everything on my wishlist selling at Retail prices. I bought a few things. Saturday I went to the sale that I realized I should have gone to on Friday. Isn't that the worst? Thrifting is a form of gambling though. Sometimes we make the right choice and we land on the most amazing sale and then other times we kiss a lot of frogs that don't turn into princes (as my close friend Guusje would say). I can't wait to hear about your weekend!
Did you go thrifting this weekend?
Thrift Share Monday celebrates the Art of Thrifting. As a community of readers and bloggers we are able to connect through the process of buying second hand, selling and sharing.
We Thrift - We Share
Here are some guidelines if you would like to join Thrift Share:
- Your Thrift Share Monday blog post should include your thrifted finds from the weekend.
- Create a blog post with photos of your items.
- Link your Thrift Share Monday post back to Apron Thrift Girl.
- Link to your Thrift Share Monday post on Apron Thrift Girl using inlinkz below.
- If you participate with Thrift Share Monday regularly, please add a button to your side bar so that we can build our Thrift Share Community