It doesn't take a lot of owning something to have a collection. I used to collect these fairy figurines when I lived in England. I started my collection owning none. I collected them for two years before I even had one in my home. It didn't matter that I didn't own one, I loved them and wanted them and therefore collected them.
My umbrella collection is quite small. I didn't even know that I was going to collect umbrellas until I bought my fifth one last week. I realized that perhaps I'm now a vintage umbrella collector.
Unlike in Washington State where we really didn't need umbrellas since the rain was typically light although constant. A parka with a hood would do just fine. Sonoma County though the rain is often torrential and an umbrella is necessary. I began to carry some in my van shortly after experiencing the rain in the autumn.
Do you Collect anything that you have blogged about recently?
We Thrift - We Craft - We Share
Here are some guidelines if you would like to join Collect Share:
- Your Collect Share post should include at least one item that is 2nd hand.
- Create a blog post with photos about your recent addition to your collection. Or write a post that features your entire collection.
- If possible, give us some background about what you collect such as where items are made or who designed them. We'd love to read about why you collect and when you first started collecting.
- Link your Collect Share post back to Apron Thrift Girl.
- Link to your Collect Share post on Apron Thrift Girl using inlinkz. There will be inlinkz on every Collect Share post so that you can add your photo and link back to your blog.
- If you participate with Collect Share regularly, please add this button to your side bar so that we can build our Sharing Community.