Welcome to the first official Trade Me Up post. I wrote about details of Trade Me Up in this post.
Amy (The Thrifty Chicks) and I want to raise awareness about the power of Bartering. Times are tough, prices are going up on everything, money is sometimes hard to come by and yet we probably have everything we need to create a bartering economy within our circle of friends and acquaintances. We can trade for food, services, tangible goods and more.
Here's my first Trade Me Up Item: a NEW iPod Shuffle - 2GB
Here are some guidelines when considering making a Trade Me Up offer:
- Get creative and think outside the box about what you are offering.
- Trade Up means offering something of higher value to the person that you are trading with.
- Once you make an offer please don't retract it. Honor your commitment.
- Follow through with your offer and send it off quickly in the mail.
- Try not to take it personal if the person you want to trade with says "no thanks."
Here's my dream WISHLIST:
- a walk on part on a movie or tv show
- a ride in a DeLorean
- a skype call with Hayley Mills
- a house in Las Vegas with a pool for a week this April
- a 1960's station wagon to thrift in
- a celebrity client to buy vintage items for
- to be a guest on one of the Thrifting Shows like Pawn Stars or Cash & Cari
- a publisher to contact me about writing a book (Chronicle Books would be perfect)
- a professional photo tent
- All expenses paid (frugal of course) thrifting trip across the US
- a fancy Nikon Camera (current one is a D60)
- a Mid Century Modern house in Sebastopol
- Thrift Share Monday featured in ReadyMade Magazine
- Dinner with Wayne Dyer, Sandra Bullock or Grace Potter (for Dave)
Time Frame to get to items on My Wishlist: 2 months
Guidelines for joining Trade Me Up:
- Have something to trade? -write a blog post with a photo of your item & your wish list
- This isn't only is about bartering but it's about thinking about and achieving your dreams
- Link to this post with your Trade Me Up blog post
- Add the button below to your blog
- Spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, Stumble, Pinterest and especially in your local community.
- Tell everyone your dreams from your blog post and what you have to trade to get to those dreams.
What have you got to trade for my iPod Shuffle that will help get me on my way to one of my Wishlist items?
Every Friday through April 29th you'll find a new Trade Me Up post and hopefully a new item to Barter. Feel free to use any of this content on your own blog posts.
Please leave a comment on this post or Contact Me HERE with your thoughts, comments or item to Trade. I can't wait to see what you have to offer.
***Disclaimer - a reader mentioned that people might be taxable for bartering. Please check with your accountants about taxes that might incur from Bartering.